Eccleston Square Hotel – named London’s No.1 hotel at the Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards – is the most technologically advanced boutique hotel in Europe. On this London break designed for the 21st-century traveler, enjoy use of the state-of-the-art facilities (including electronically adjustable beds and a personal iPad2 digital concierge); and visit nearby M Victoria, a glitzy, multi-faceted dining and drinking venue. Here, enjoy a wine tasting using the latest Enomatic technology, followed by an eclectic four-course pescatarian-friendly dining experience.
The award-winning Eccleston Square Hotel is London’s most technologically advanced boutique hotel. From marble floors to twinkling black chandeliers, each room comes with its own personal iPad2, which acts as a digital concierge, 46” 3D Panasonic screens, and an enormous library of complimentary 3D movies to watch from the comfort of the world’s best beds; retailing at around £12,000 each, these Swedish Hästens beds are electronically adjustable and feature vibrating massage programmes.
The hotel, technically a series of five townhouses, shares a postcode with the likes of Jimmy Choo, Tom Ford and Burberry in the leafy neighborhood of Pimlico, near Belgravia, and is even home to the secret residential gardens of Eccleston Square. Once a popular picnic spot for celebrities and royalty, these private gardens are strictly for residents only and offer a calm, botanical oasis away from the hustle and bustle of London’s streets.
Continuing on in true 21st-century fashion, enjoy an introduction to wine on a tasting using the latest, state-of-the-art Enomatic wine dispensing technology at M Victoria. Enomatic machines ensure wine is dispensed at the perfect temperature and to the highest quality, by protecting it against oxidation and preserving aroma and flavor.
After a tech-driven wine tasting, venture downstairs into the darkly romantic and glamorous M Victoria restaurant for dinner in glitzy surroundings. Overseen by Executive Chef Michael Reid (trained at Le Gavroche and Restaurant Gordon Ramsay), M serves up modern, global cuisine with technical precision. The four-course menu spans a range of M’s pescatarian-friendly options, featuring a mouth-watering selection of East Asian classics including sashimi from the Raw Bar and modern dishes using ‘cured and smoked’ Nordic techniques from the kitchen.
FOUR-COURSE MENU (CHOOSE ONE FROM EACH SECTION)
SECTION 1 (M-BITE)
- Edamame; firecracker sauce
- Razor clam; lemon cream, yuzu
SECTION 2 (STARTERS)
- Cured Trout; buttermilk, lime, pear
- Salmon sashimi; dill, ponzu
- Sheep’s milk yogurt; beetroot, pickled radishes, nasturtiums
SECTION 3 (MAIN COURSE)
- Pappadillie; wild mushrooms, onion (fresh truffle supplement £6.25)
- Hake; beer-battered mussels, poached clams, chervil roots
- Green risotto; grace burn feta, peas, broad beans
SECTION 4 (DESSERT)
- Cereal & milk; oats, milk ice cream, compressed strawberries, dried berries
- White chocolate ice cream; olive oil sponge, meringue, lemon, cucumber
- Dulce mousse; buckwheat, bacon, sweetcorn ice cream
- Pavlova; strawberry marshmallows, blueberry meringue, basil ice cream