From Harbin’s sinuous new opera concert house to gilded European institutions, we have amazing concert halls for you to see today at you favorite Blog Design Limited Edition.
1. The first World’s Best Concert Halls, planned for development in 2010 and now newly opened, Harbin Opera House has instantly become the most impressive cultural attraction in the northern Chinese city of Harbin. Designed by Beijing-based MAD Architects, the sinuous opera concert house’s striking aesthetic is inspired by the surrounding region’s “untamed wilderness and frigid climate”.Supposedly resembling a wooden block that has been gently eroded, the grand theater seats over 1,600 patrons and is partly illuminated by a subtle skylight that gently reminds the audience of the passage of time.
2. Opened in January 2015, the 2,400-seat Philharmonie de Paris took eight years to develop and, at £300m, came in three times over its initial budget.
Startlingly modernin comparison to the continent’s traditional concert halls, it was designed by Jean Nouvel and is found in the city’s 19th arrondissement.
3. The ceiling of Palau de la Musica Catalana in Barcelona. The colorful building has been designated a UNESCO world heritage site and draws admiring visitors even outside of performance times.
4. One of Europe’s most important performance venues, London’s Royal Albert Hall is of course also among the most beautiful.
5. With its silhouette recognized the world over, the Sydney Opera House is indisputably one of Australia’s most impressive buildings.
6. In Paris, the ornate Beaux-Arts-style Palais Garnier opera house is named after its architect Charles Garnier. Inaugurated in 1875, it remains one of the world’s most lavish and flamboyant cultural venues.
Take a look at our contemporary console ...Read more
Take a look at our contemporary console tables for your living room, a curated selection full of charm and class, where the elegance of each piece is an incredible combination of power and style:...Read less
Known for being an interior designer wit...Read more
Known for being an interior designer with the eye of a gallerist, Kelly Behun’s projects make use of bespoke furniture and contemporary art with flawless taste. Discover her incredible Penthouse project at http://bit.ly/kellybehunfb ...Read less
Crafted from solid wood, the Boulevard f...Read more
Crafted from solid wood, the Boulevard features a black leather top, and three drawers with classic cast brass handles finished in black. A sublime piece for the modern home office: http://bit.ly/boulevardfb ...Read less
Located in Lyon, this bold and contempor...Read more
Located in Lyon, this bold and contemporary house design was created by Claude Cartier Studio. Dark colors, a selection of luxury furniture and lush prints that introduce a lot of personality to this project:...Read less